Thursday, September 3, 2009

rip tigger

Today i had to take my cat Tigger to be put down.  i got tigger while pregnant with my daughter aj.  He as nice for a few months and then not so much after that.  I always said that he never loved me right.  He had ben sick for a bit which is not surprising since he was 15 years old.  A better person might have put him down a few months ago.  I just could not put him down during the pregnancy from hell-the baby is an outright gift from God.  So last night at 9:30 it became obvious it could no longer be put off.  This morning he was loaded in the car and taken to be put out of his misery.  I suspect it will take a few days for it to sink in.  I had said a few times recently that it will be a relief because he was rather annoying and the wet food he needed had gotten a bit steep.  But i do not feel relieved today.  Out of sorts and rather off might be a better description.  

I went to the mall and was not even in the mood to shop.  Maybe that was guilt over how much my glasses cost.  But i expect i will miss the old cat more then i thought.  aj seems to be ok today.  She got upset and said goodbye last night.  Maybe i did need to say bye this morning.  I had more thoughts for today, but a cranky baby says otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment